Age requirement: 20 years
To complete the RTA file opening for a Heavy Truck license, the following documents are required:
- Original Emirates ID
- A commercial license permit is required if the designation on the visa is 'Driver'
- Medical fitness report:
Other Emirates Visa holder:
For company sponsorship
- NOC from the company along with stamp of Dubai branch
- Valid trade license Dubai branch and of the company where the visa is issued
- Tenancy contract (Dubai)
- DEWA Bill
- Visa copy of the sponsor/NOC of the sponsor
File transfer from other institutes within Dubai or other-emirates:
- Clearance letter from the previous driving institute or driving schools signed and stamped by an authorized signatory.
|Category||Road Training||RTA FEE (AED)||Drive Dubai Fee (AED)||Regular||Night||Shift|
|Single Attempt||20 hours||1,450||3,510||4,960 + VAT
||5,360 + VAT
||5,660 + VAT
|Category||Road Training||Total Fee||Night||Shift|
|3T, 4P, 4A, 4RT
||20 hours||8,210 + VAT
||8,610+ VAT||8,910 + VAT
|10 hours||6,800 + VAT||7,200 + VAT||7,500 + VAT|
|3T, 6P, 6A, 6RT
||20 hours||9,200 + VAT
||9,600 + VAT
||9,900 + VAT
|10 hours||7,800 + VAT||8,200 + VAT||8,500 + VAT|
|3T, 10P, 10A, 10RT
||20 hours||11,550 + VAT
||11,950 + VAT
||12,250 + VAT
|10 hours||10,110 + VAT||10,510 + VAT||10,810 + VAT|
Note: T - Theory Test, A - Assessment Test, P - Parking Test, RT - Road Test
Drive Dubai also offers the facility to attend the e-Lectures at our head office in DIP.
- Lecture 1: Attitude and responsibilities/Road user safety
- Lecture 2: Traffic rules & regulations
- Lecture 3: Risk Management
- Lecture 4: Driver Condition
- Lecture 5: Driving Environment
- Lecture 6: Rules of the road
- Lecture 7: Hazards & Emergencies
- Lecture 8: Your vehicle (HVT)
- Lecture 9: Articulated vehicle
Total questions asked: 40
Minimum correct answers required to pass: 30
How to prepare:
- You may prepare using our Mock Test facility, available at Drive Dubai head office.
- Or, download RTA app “RTA Dubai” to practice theory test on your smartphones
- Attend PTT lecture available at Drive Dubai website
How to avail the RIS service?
As per RTA guidelines, students have to submit an application for appointing an interpreter in the preferred language at the time of opening RTA file and pay the applicable fees.
Fees: An additional fee of AED 435 is applicable besides the RTA Theory test fees.
Practical Training is the fourth and most vital element of your training process, which consists of practical training sessions conducted by RTA, approved instructors for the number of hours reflected by your driving history.
- In practical lessons you will be taught by our instructors about running a machine (vehicle), covering all the aspects to be examined by RTA examiners for the required tests.
- Student must attend the training as per the course requirement.(For more clarification and guidance please contact our receptionist.)
Parking test is the fifth step in your leaning process
a.Parking test is taken by RTA examiners
b.In order to appear for the parking test a student must:
- Attend all lectures
- Pass the theory test
- Pay the required fee
- Attend the required hours of training.
(For more clarification and guidance please contact our receptionist.)
Assessment test is the sixth step in your learning process, this test determines whether a student is eligible to appear for the RTA road test or not.
- Assessment test is taken by internal examiners.
- In order to appear for the assessment test a student must pass the parking test, clear all dues and attend the required hours of training deferring from course to course:
(For more clarification and guidance please contact our receptionist.
Road Test is the seventh step in your learning process and the last step before getting your hands on your UAE driving license.
a. Road test will be taken by RTA examiners after completion of training
b. In order to appear for road test the following has to be kept under consideration
- All fee paid
- All required hours of training taken
- All previous test passed
- Learning permit must be valid
- RTA file must be valid
c. Driving License will be issued upon passing the road test on the same day.
d.Student must carry their original Emirates ID at the time of license issuanc